unidentified network no internet access!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlosdzv

Baseband Member
The problem is this. i unpluged the ethernet cable from my desktop running xp pluged it to my laptop windwos7 and it searches for like a minute to only gives me the unidentified network no internet acces message. HOW CAN IT WORK IN ONE machine and not in other? i have uninstalled the divers and isntalled it back even upgraded and the worst is that i take that laptop and pl;ug it with a cable in my friends house and bang! it works.. i have done all the toubleshooting steps from the microsoft page and it is still not working , disable ipv6 also , enabled it back again. what am i missing?

Sometimes when the Ethernet is plugged into a new PC the modem/router needs to reboot to recognize the new PC. try rebooting it, if you haven't already.

could it have to do with the cable modem? that somehow it can only sassing one ip dress or something? because when i plug it back to the desktop takes a little bit but i get connectivity .

Plug the ethernet cable into the windows 7 pc, then do an ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew from the command prompt. Try then. IF that doesn't work and that same etherent jack works on another PC you more than likely have a NIC issue on the windows 7 PC.

Some questions:
Is there a router being used or are you just plugging the PC directly into the modem?
Has the internet ever worked on the windows 7 PC?
Do you have any other networking devices on the windows 7 PC like a connect card from verizon or wifi?

It goes directly to the cable modem. and by the way its working by some reason now.. i did same things as i did before . i reset the modem, enable disable the the card but this time it worked. go figure. thanks everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom