Unexplained Internet Download Allowance Drains When I'm Connected To The Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recliner22

Beta member
Hi,

I need your help please.

I just bought 2 laptops, one for me and one for my wife. They are identical laptops. They both run Windows 7 64bit OS. When I turn on my laptop but don't start any programs, after a short while, my Hughes download usage begins to drain rapidly; this doesn't happen with my wifes computer. The lights on the modem begin to blink rapidly and the allowance drains. If I disconnect my computer from the Internet, the drain on my download allowance stops and begins to restore quickly.

I have tuned off automatic update in windows and looked for some program that could be causing the problem. I am temporarily using McAfee Virus/Internet protection until I can load Kaspersky on it.

I don't know what or how to find out what is running on my computer to cause this and really would appreciate some advice.

We live fulltime in our Motor Home and I use a DW7000 Modem and D2 controller.

Thanks,

Recliner22
DW7000; D2

I have noticed at times even turning off windows updates, if the computer has already started downloading them, it will download all the updates on the list. Mine has done it quiet a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom