Unable to upload files to website...more details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgyap

Beta member
Hi. I suspect that there is something wrong with my router. The router is a Prolink WGR1004, and whenever I connect to the internet (like what I'm doing right now), the connection is fine. But when I want to upload a file into, say Google Pages, the file just does not upload. It happens in every webpage where there is an option to upload a file.

I also noticed that I cannot share files with another person using irc, msn, trillian...any IM program basically.

Furthermore, whenever I want to login to my webmail, the page just doesn't load. I only managed to activate my account to this forum using Gmail in my mobile phone.

Have yo utried to connect directly to the modem to see if it is the router?

Hello,

Well then either you will have to reset the router or get a new one.

Cheers,
Mak

I've pressed the reset button so many times. It would suck to get a new one,, because first I have to show proof beyond doubt to my dad that the router is somehow spoilt. He always thinks the webmail/Outlook etc interferes with the router. But I think it should be the other way round.

By the way, whenever I reset the router, these four items somehow reappear in the section called "Special Applications". I manually deleted all of them, no luck.

1 Quick Time 4
2. Dialpad
3. Paltalk
4. Battle.net

All of them were each assigned their setup. Oh well thanks anyway.

Hello,

Just to clarify Outlook or webmail would not affect the router at all. As all Outlook does is connect to the email servers and downloads your messages to your machine. The webmail is just like visitng any website. Except you get your email from them. ;)

If the settings are correct on the Outlook setup it would not interfere with your router at all. My suggestion would be to leave the router unplugged for a period of time, say a hour, then plug it back in and do a reset. See if that does anything.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom