Unable to talk to router and unable to browse

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzhaider

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I am having difficulty running my DSL high speed internet my computer using WIndows XP. I have hooked my router to the modem and have a desktop computer and a wireless internet connection set up.

I am able to browse and connect to the internet with my wireless. I can even ping the Default gateway and get an answer.
But on my desktop XP operating system I am unable to access my router Admin page from the internet browser and cannot ping the default gateway.

I accessed my router Admin page through my other connnection and I can see the IP address of my desktop computer in the DHCP Client log (seems like the router is able to see my desktop computer).

I have tried pretty muche evrything I could have tried....reinstalled all the network drivers, enabled IP Routing, turned of all firewalls, emptied the cache. Im dumbstruck with this issue.

Can you guys please suggest any possible reasons why this is happening and how I can resolve it!!

Thanks,
Rz1

I can suggest a few things you can do.

The computer having the problem, can you connect it directly to the modem and access the Internet? This would help a lot if you could try and do this.

Thanks Law,

yeah I tried connecting the PC directly with the modem. I did ipconfig /all, it even picks up my ISP through the modem (Bell Canada) but I am still unable to browse.

I hope this helps,

Thanks
Rz1

rzhaider said:
Thanks Law,

yeah I tried connecting the PC directly with the modem. I did ipconfig /all, it even picks up my ISP through the modem (Bell Canada) but I am still unable to browse.

I hope this helps,

Thanks
Rz1

But can you still ping web sites? Like ping www.google.com or www.yahoo.com when this computer is directly connected to the modem?

No I pinged my router and the request timed out. Then I tried pinging yahoo.com and the same result occured.

Wait..you said you ping your router? Why? are you still connected to the router? Did you try connecting to the modem.

You mean your ISP router, because the default gateway when you connect directly to the modem should list the IP of the ISP router.

What about pinging your own IP address? Does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom