Unable to save work into server

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolray

Solid State Member
I just purchased new machine and connected it to server via LAN.
I can open, copy and delete data from the server, but can't save work into the server.
Also windows XP on the machine keeps saying to use USB 2.0 ports for faster performance. I don't have any 1.0 ports. Everything is 2.0. It's really annoying.
Does anybody know why it wouldn' save work into the server, and showing annoying message about USB ports?
Are they related? Should I check my motherboard?
Thanks.

Thanks, guys!
I've updated BIOS, and talked to a technician from the manufacturer, but nothing happened. The technician didn't find any problems with my computer.
The machine olny can save a small text file to the server, but it can't save any MS Office or AutoCAD files.
I also checked my connection to the server, and seemed to be fine.
Right now I've just reconnected my old computer to the server with same connection as I used for the new computer, and I can save files to the server without problems.
I initially thought Mcafee or firewall could block the connection, so I disabled them to see if it would help, but the result was still same.
I don't know what to do next.
Have any ideas?
Thanks.

Can other computers save files on the server normally? And, as I asked before, what kind of server is this? It may be on the other end.

I finally fixed the problem by reinstalling windows xp.
Now it works perfectly.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom