Unable to connect computer to my wifi

77Dexter77

Beta member
Hi, I currently own a dlink router and I decided it was time to change my internet password. When I went to the page 192.168.0.1 I clicked the release IP address button which I had done before to reset my password. However now I am unable to connect my computer to the wifi. My iphone connects fine, as well as connecting using a cable, but if I try to connect wirelessly it says the computer is unable to connect to the network. I need to have it back up and running asap because I run a lot of my business using the internet.

If there is any info you need to know I will do my best to provide it.

Thanks

Last edited:
What do you mean you "reset your IP address" ? You mean you reset the IP for the router/gateway? Or you reset your IP for your wireless system?

Sorry I misread what I had pressed. When I went to the website I clicked the release ip address button, which I had done before. it think lets you reset your passwords for the internet.

Post the model # for your router please.

Have you tried power cycling the router? I.e. unplugging it from power for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in?

If you log back into the router via a hardwired device, is there a "Renew" button to click near the Release? Do you have a separate modem/router? If so, have you tried power cycling the modem as well?

I don't see any renew button. As for the modem I'm not sure if there is one. There is a small box which the cable that comes into the house plugs into, from there the cable goes directly into the router. I tried cycling this box as well but still didn't help.

If there is a way to post pictures I can screenshot what I did.

Back
Top Bottom