Unable to access internet through browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

zengmingde

Beta member
Hi,
My internet setup is a adsl modem connected to a wireless router, which is then directly connected to my pc. The connection has performed well ever since this set up was in place. Previously, I had always had the same problem, but it is only recently that the problem would not go away.
My problem is this: my web browsers (opera, ie, firefox) cannot access the internet at all, and my antivirus cannot update. However, at the same time, azureas can perform file sharing and an online multiplayer game such as counterstrike source can be played online. In the previous instances of the problem, computers connected through the wireless network could access the internet even as the pc could not.
My system is firewalled by zonealarm security suite.
Prior instances of this problem have been solved by restarting, but in the most recent instance, internet access has not been restored to my browser even after a restart. However, azureas and counterstrike source still work properly. The problem is still present and I would not be able to post this if not for another computer I have.
Help would be greatly appreciated, both is solving the current problem as well as advise on steps to take should the problem come up again
Thanks
zengmingde

sorry, i'm quite inexperienced about these matters, I just followed the instructions to set up the router.
Could you tell me how to check if the port is open, and if not, how to open it?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom