two users for one PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman3d

Beta member
Hello,

Am using Win XP Pro SP2, there are two users using one PC including me, I need to know to limit the other user from accessing my files on D partition and blocking him from using specific programs. Is there any program for user management for one PC. Your reply would be appreciated.

thank you
Qais

Well you can go into control panel and go into user accounts and then into change account and change account type. The you can set it to administartor or limited. Im not sure what options are for limited as iv never had to do this but take a look and you maybe able to do something. Also you can put passwrods on files by right clicking on a file and clicking properties then sharing and read that. You cant do this for programs. Also you could zip stuff and put a password on it.

Thanks for ur reply. But this is not what am looking for, I need to control to limit the other user in more specific jobs. Is there any programs can be install for users management.

thanks

I found this on google maybe this is what ur after.
http://www.mybestsoft.com/wso/
Run a virus scan before you open after you have downloaded it. If thats not what you want and nobody is answering your posts here then use google its a great tool. Hope it helps/

--EDIT--
Also they a few security programs their, just browse that site they have a few like folder security has a download for dark files etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom