Two routers, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly enough...

2 router setup works in a wierd fashion. I can't manage the new linksys router #2, but it shows up with a wireless signal to connect too. SOO it's an unprotected free 54mbps connection for everybody lol. The cool thing is though, my PC's with dlink adapters can connect to it and use that signal vice the 11mbps dlink connection we currently use. So I moved over and my d/l speed went up by 2MB a second lol. Niceeee.

But the xbox still doesnt connect. Oh well. At least this works in some wierd way for now lol. Anyhoo...

Supposedly it should. So that's what I tried, yet I can't manage the **** thing from my browser even though I'm online and it's plugged in. I can only manage router A, router B the new one isn't reachable. I tried it with an ethernet cord and just a crossover cable I made also. Either way, same effect, no managing allowed. Sooo the xbox won't connect to it because it's a generic "linksys" SSID even though it's on 5 bars. Plus it' unprotected access...sucks.

I have it connected now through a regular ethernet cable LAN to LAN port from router A to B and it lets my PC's connect to the new G signal at 54mbps...but it's totally open for anyone to use, which stinks big time. So I don't know what to do now...for some reason even if I setup the new router in the old one's place to be the first one in line, I still can't manage it either...which isn't right. It's a brand new linksys wrt54g too. The day I bought it, I was able to do that and manage it once, then afterwards I couldn't ever again...I have no clue. So the xbox is whatever, no "live" until we move to a new place and have our own routing setup I suppose. It'll work eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom