Two quick questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vybuni

Daemon Poster
1) I have a 256K/s ADSL connection but whenever i download anything the speed usually maxes out a 67K/s........... Is there any way i can increase my download speeds to take advantage of the 256K/s speed?

2) The only thing thats holding me back from getting a faster connection (cable or something) is that my parents both use macs as their main computers. They talked to mac guru type guy who lives in our town and they say he said that there is some cable/comcast doesnt work very well with macs. Does anyone out there with a mac have any personal experience with any problems between the mac and cable internet.

Thats what i though too. Maybe the guy just had some wierd problem. Who knows.
Any thoughts on #1?

Yeah I don't know who your parents talked to but he definately has it wrong. MACs connect to switches and routers just as any other computer does. The operating system doesn't affect the connectivity of your network.

I know that they connect the same as PC's. Im guessing the guy had some personal problems with comcast. He is pretty good with macs though.

Ive downloaded from many, many places, but never get any higher speeds, so its probably not where i download from.

For #1 you can ask your ISP why the speed like that. Actually, it also depends on the bandwith of websites that you are visitting or downloading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom