Turning home PC into server Q (IIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I have installed IIS onto my PC, added a home page and works fine on LAN connecting to my internal IP, but the whole point is to forward internet from it (like TF) but anyway, first things first.

Why can't access the site from external places? Even the find web thing says my IP is 10.0.0.2 which is the internal. What do I need to do?

Thanks, Trif.

I found out my IP on my forums.

Guidance on the last one. I know how to get there, I type in my default gateway, but I don't know what to do from there...

2 things...

They do not have my exact model on there... - fixed, used the 530, which shares same software.

Static IP... I have tried that before, and I lost connection to the internet. :( - need help here still...

When I add the direct extension :)****) I get a connection was refused... Even though it should be allowed... :(

Edit: The "whatsmyIP" gives me a different IP address to my forums? And when I put that into the browser it sends me to my router settings...

Apparently it works... I haven't tried it myself yet though....

Now, I want to be able to re direct internet through my PC, that also lets me log onto sites (including here) and also send and recieve files from my PC. Any pointers into the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom