trying to share internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

annieb727

Baseband Member
Hi everyone. I have a desktop and a laptop and I'm trying to do the shared internet connection -- well, I got it working (both have XP Professional) for a while, then all of a sudden the laptop wouldn't work on the internet anymore...we have a Netgear router and it isn't wireless, so we had the laptop and the desktop plugged in.
I'm not sure what to try to get it to work...any suggestions?
Thanks
~Annie

what do you mean by fiddled with the IP address? i'm a total dummy when it comes to networking...

Click on “start” then right-click on “my network places”, go down to “properties” then there should be a window that comes up and in it you should see an icon that says: “local area connection”. Right-click on that and go to “properties” there is a box that comes up. In the center of that box there is another box that has network items in it. Find the “internet protocol (TCP/IP)” item, then left-click on it and then click “properties” button below. That will take you to where you can modify the IP address.

thanks...this is weird b/c I plugged it in to the router today and the internet is working now...not sure why, but I guess the problem is solved for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom