trouble with viewing other pc's through router

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
We have Insight Broadband internet that is being used on 2 computers through a Linksys router. The computer I use is connected wireless using a Linksys pci adapter.

Now before I had trouble with my hard drive, I had it setup where my dad could see the folders on my computer I was sharing and use my printer and vice versa. Now we can not see each other's computers. The only thing that I changed is I went from AVG 7.5 Internet Security to AVG 8.0 Internet Security. I have tried turning the firewalls off but didn't help. At one time, I had it working but I don't know what I did and it quit working. Do you think it has to do with AVG 8.0? Is it possible to downgrade back to AVG 7.5?

Problem with your hard drive? If you saw Windows reinstalled and then the software for the router take a turn sideways while installing that would be more likely.

To back track to 7.5 you would have already had to have saved a copy on the drive before uninstalling for the new version. But AVG is antivirus not any type of networking program.

I think I got it figured out somewhat. I am able to view the folder that I am sharing but when I try to open it, it says access is denied. The only thing I could think of is the pc that the file is stored on uses Excel 2007 and the other pc is using Excel 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom