trouble shooting internet connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

machiavelli

Baseband Member
yeah , im not quite sure whats up so i wanna trouble shoot with someone who knows more about this then i do... ok well i got cable internet, well yeah i boot up the computer and the net will run fine for like 5 min and then wham, this has gotta be either equal to or slower then dial up and i keep loosing connections and what not all the time....its not spyware or any of that i got myself covored witha few programs.. so is this thing like my network card or motherboard? the cable box says its getting reception but then when fed into the computer its really really slow and hardly connects to anything... so yeah any info on thsi would be nice... tnx alot, ttyl

How is your internet connection setup?
Post your physical setup here with each type or piece of hardware from your cable coming in to your computer.

(Example)

Internet Cable >>>> Modem (Specify Brand/Model) >>>> Gateway/Router ...if this exists....(Specify Brand/Model) >>>> Computer

i dont know if this is the order you wanted but i think this is the info you want....

net cable>>>toshiba PCX2500>>>>1394 net adapter(realtek RTL8139/810X FamilyFast enternet NIC

post back if you need somthing else

simple way to test is hook your machine right up to the mdm. if it still does it call your isp (theyll have you do the same thing). Have them check to see if theres any packetloss to the mdm. if it works fine then, then put the router back. If it does it again then its the router,

if not try swaping cables from the mdm to your machine. if not then put the router back in and boot your machine into safemode. if its always fast then its software.

if your internet is fast right off the bat then slows down trying running spyware/virus scans. if nothing then try disabling antivirus/firewalls.

post back with your findings. ;)

whats the mdm? i cant really look it up kuz the net is like woah slow..... so plaease fill me in :) thank you

right click your realtek nic driver in device manger. uncheck the allow computer to turn off device in power management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom