Trouble connecting to virtually everything

MarcoN

Solid State Member
I have a weird issue going on, I play alot of games and almost always when i try to connect to something it doesnt work the first/second time but if i keep trying i will eventually connect. Also, once i'm connected i won't disconnect again and my internet speed/ping seems to be alright. As a sidenote, this is not something that happens with 1-2 applications, it happens on like 90% of all games i play(connecting to game servers/other players alike). Any idea what could be causing the blockage? Thanks in advance!

Marco

What modem/router do you have?

Do you have any software firewalls installed on your PC, or just the default Windows firewall?

I don't have any firewall software installed(i use the standart windows one). The name of the modem is: CISCO EPC3928 modemrouter.

EPC3928AD to be precise. I have acces to the router settings and i can provide screenshots.

Do any other systems / devices have issues? Have you tried turning the firewall on your router off?

I'm pretty sure it's only this computer having those issues. I've also tried disabling firewall on both the router and my computer (windows firewall). The thing is i've had this problem for a while, i once contacted grinding gear games (makers of path of exile) about a problem of me not being able to connect to their instances. I've tried a bunch of things, ran some kind of diagnostic tool to find out what the problem was (didnt give a clear answer), then i tried port forwarding (which might i might not have done right) which didnt work. I even tried to use a VPN which didnt work... I mean i don't have the technical knowledge ofcourse but this seems like such a weird problem, wouldn't most connective issues prevent me from connecting at all? For instance i need to start up rocket leauge like 2-6 times before i finally connect, i need to spam click the runescape client (if i start up just 1 at a time itl just give me a connection error indefinitety) etc etc etc. Anyways, i'm rambling, i can forward those emails i exchanged with ggg to clarify what i've done to try and resolve the issue, i've also added a screenshot of my 'security' tab of my router/modem settings. I'll disabling both firewalls in the morning (its 2:30 am here right now). Thanks in advance!

Marco

EDIT: Not sure if the image was included, the 'security' tab on my router/modem setting says: SPI firewall protection: low
IPv6 firewall protection: on
Block fragmented ip packets: disabled
Block port scan detection: enabled
IP flood detection disabled
'block WAN requests' --> 'block anonymous internet requests: enabled

Last edited:
Alright so enable DMZ hosting and enter the ip adres of my pc. How would i know if i got the right ip adres? Also, do i have to restart the router for the settings to take affect?

On your system in a command prompt:
ipconfig

Find the IP address of your active connection. If you have more than one adapter, you'll need to determine which one is the one hooked up to the internet.

Shouldn't have to totally reboot the router, though each one is difference, so it wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom