trouble connecting to 192.168.1.1 (router ip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys im having trouble connecting to my router's ip 192.168.1.1 and it doesnt load anything. im fine with connecting to the internet but i just cant access the router setup page. i can ping the router's ip 192.168.1.1 and i get <1ms response which is pretty good. i tried resetting and everything but it still doesnt work.

Hello,

What router do you have?

Have you verified the gateway IP address of the wireless connection using 'ipconfig /all' in command prompt?

Are you sure it isnt 192.168.0.1 instead of 192.168.1.1?

I can ping it as well from my setup but i know my router uses 192.168.0.1 for the web based interface.

If there is any other PC's on the netowrk at all he would just be pinging them and that would be why he is getting a response. I would just be pinging my desktop or laptop depending on how i setup it up. Would be a good reason why he is getting great response time as well.

Just a thought from me. I could be wrong. Most likely am too. :p

Yeah you get a reply from the gateway because it doesn't know how to rout it should say destination net unreachable or summin like that, but there's no device replying like when you ping the LAN of your router.

So let me see if i get this right. You can ping another device on your netowrk but you wouldnt get a response cause your router wouldnt know what to do with the packet. Right? So by him saying he can ping that port and get a response means that he is trying to access the right page?

Is this a wireless router? If so are you trying to connect to it via wireless or using a CAT-5 cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom