TRIGEM SUCKS help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
broadband i had broadband before.

i'm looking inside the emachine right now.

There are two cards there.. a phone line card thing and an ethernet card thing just below it.

the ethernet card is placed so you can't see what it says cuz the case hides it...

i'm looking right now for some reverse mirror or something.. -.-

can you pull the card out being very carfull not to touch any of the gold connectors that go into the pci slot. looking for model numbers, vendor names any type of info written on the card.

ok got to go work on other computers and will not be online. once you get some info on the ethernet card go online and look for the win98 driver for it. Install that baby and you are good to go. Next time you do a reformat it is always a good idea to look in device manager and list importand hardware you know you will need drives for. especially the ethernet card. good luck.

The ethernet card appears to be really in there and I can't get it out..

It looks like it's made by SMC, so i just need to find the tiny numbers.

I'm looking at your computer's spec right here:

Model: eTower 333k

CPU: AMD K6-2 333MHz with 3Dnow! (w/512KB Cache)
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® 98
Memory: 32MB SyncDRAM (up to 256MB)
Hard Drive: 3.2GB HDD (Ultra DMA EIDE)
Optical Drive: 24x Max.CD-ROM Drive
Video: ATI® Rage IIc 3D AGP with 4MB SDRAM
Audio: Crystal CS4235 3D Audio
Network: Internet Ready
Modem: 56K ITU V.90 PCI Fax/Modem
Peripherals: PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 2 USB Ports (1 is on Front), Audio In & Out / Game Port on Front, 1 Serial / 1 Parallel
Expansion Slots: 3 Expansion Slots

Doesn't indicate any PCI network card. Though there is only 1 PCI card and that's the fax/modem. It's probably build-in.

Some possible site http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=29253 but no listing of network card.

Try searching on google and all there is, is a bunch of site claiming ot have the file but there all junk site with popups to the link. Don't browse some of these site if you google it, unless you're on a Linux machine. To much junk.

Maybe the Win98 CD might hold the driver. You can use device manager to scan the CD I hope.

I found it. I'm SMC1211tx

the official site doesn't have a driver tho so i went driver hunting and found it.

Burning it to a cd and testing. Will post results.

Peace. :)

OMG it worked. I'm online.

Oh you guys are the best. Sorry for bumping up the post but it needed to be said.

:) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom