tricking servers into thinking ur in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
i live in New Zealand and recently i wanted to watch some of my fave tv series on the internet and i found the right website (cbs) but then when it loads the video it says "not for veiwing outside of the US" is there any way that i can trick their web server into thinking im in the US so i can watch them? or does it get my location from my isp (adsl connection)? any help would be appreiated

i live in New Zealand and recently i wanted to watch some of my fave tv series on the internet and i found the right website (cbs) but then when it loads the video it says "not for veiwing outside of the US" is there any way that i can trick their web server into thinking im in the US so i can watch them? or does it get my location from my isp (adsl connection)? any help would be appreiated

I would think it'd just be by your IP address, and if that's the case, a proxy might work - try one and see: http://www.proxy.org/ `can hope it's that simple!

What you can do is view the website through the google translator that way it would be from a US based location. Just translate from english to english or whatever language you are most comfortable with.

hmm i think the proxy may work but it wont fully load the page when i use one... thx for your help so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom