Toshiba 460CDT and wireless-g card

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino666

Solid State Member
Hi

I am having really strange problems with my Toshiba 460CDT Laptop running under Windows 98SE.

Some time ago I bought a Belkin wireless-g card. Unfortunately the laptop would completely freeze when the card configuration was booting up in windows. I had to power the machine off and remove the card to get back into my system.

More recently I borrowed a Linksys WPC11 ver 3.0 wireless-b card and that has been running in the same card slot of the same laptop with absolutely no problems for about 6 weeks.

As the card was borrowed I decided to buy myself a Linksys WPC54G wireless-g card. Unfortunately when I tried to use it the machine froze in exactly the same way as the Belkin wireless-g card.

I wrote to Linksys last night and they suggested testing the card in another machine or changing the IRQ number of the slot. I have tested the card in a friends laptop and it is fine. I haven't had a chance to check the IRQ number theory yet but as the wireless-b card worked fine in the same slot am not that hopeful.

Does anyone on the forum have any ideas please.

Thanks

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom