Three Computers, Two Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastiway

Baseband Member
Before I start, I will add this key.

Computer 1 (The computer I just purchased and the new host)

Computer 2 (The computer that was never the host)

Computer 3 (The old host computer)

Ok, so here is the problem:

I previously had two computers, and after buying a third one (which was the best), I decided that it would be a good idea to have the new one as the network host. So I simply moved the old network host computer to its new home upstairs, and it worked great right?

Wrong.

I now have a two computers which work fine in terms of the network (comp 1 and comp2), and one that does not. All three of the computers have the same network cards, and the same drivers. I have correctly connected all of the network cables to the computers (I know this because the green light at the back of the computer is green).

The deal is, after running through the network wizard on computer 3, everything seems to be in order, and the icon on the task bar is showing that the computers are connected. The problem arises when I try to access the internet, the problem being, nothing happens. The one (and only) thing I find funny about this is, computer 2 connects to the net just fine.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

How are you connecting the computers? Router, Switch? Are you using internet connection sharing or DHCP? What are the operating systems of the comps?

Can computer 3 ping computers 1 and 2? What type of internet conection? Dial up, Broadband? Are all three computers in the same workgroup? os's for all comps?

Computer 1 has Win XP Pro
Computer 2 has Win XP Home
Computer 3 has Win XP Pro

I am using 1MB broadband.

All the computers are under the workgroup name MSHOME.

How would I go about 'pinging' my other computers on the network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom