Is there a way to reduce bandwidth quota for other users in a network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

szechuen92

Beta member
Im currently in a home network with 5 other computers. I've got a 4mb package from my ISP and it was fast at first. Till some time when one of them start using p2p streaming and another with torrents, it gets so friggin slow that even refreshing a facebook page takes minutes. Is there a way that i could limit their bandwidths? Preferably a free software or any other way. I've heard that some routers has QoS but it only limits the upload limit and not the download.

You could try using OpenDNS to cut off them P2P/torrenting. It is free and you can set it up through your router so it will affect the entire network.

or you could just talk to them... if they're torrenting they probably notice that their other connections are slow as well. I wouldn't recommend limiting their speeds because that's noticeable and will cause unwanted confrontation. if you all pay for the connection then you should be able to come up with some agreement. if you are the single payer for the connection then you should still be able to come up with an agreement on usage. and if push comes to shove if you're paying for it you can tell them to **** off and then put on restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom