Is there an easy remote desktop solution from separate LANs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UlraVNC, huh? Looks like something I was looking for, too. Thanks for posting it.

I use VNC Enterprise on my server at home, it uses VPN which runs both on LAN and WAN, had to port forward a port in order to access it from my college.
i use to use Terminal services on it but it didnt give me live access.
BTW it uses 128-bit encryption

What ever you do, make SURE you set up a good password with VNC, one time, not sure if there are loopholes anymore, but someone could scan your computer looking for the ports VNC uses then log into it with out having to have the correct password, just make sure you atleast have one...

Crossloop is an excellent program. I use it constantly for helping family members, and I have even had people contact me through my profile page on Crossloop to help them work on their computers. I've made about $200 so far from it, and it's free software. I like Crossloop, because all connections have to be sent through the Crossloop server to connect. It uses VNC

You can also try out a program called teamviewer. its free and you can get a nice portable version or just a simple .exe so you dont have to install anything. Just type in the other persons id number it gives you and the 4 digit password (changes every time the program is started unless a password is set). I use this program for controlling the computers on my home network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom