Is there a big difference between 1.5mbps and 3.0mbps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pureblood

Baseband Member
I have 1.5mbs and for 10 more dollars i can get 3.0mbps is there a big difference in that and would i notice the changel

Well, that depends......

What is it you use your connection for? Do you play online games, down many files, or anything else that would send alot of traffic accross the link?

If you go online to check email, and surf the web occaisionally, you may find that the increase in bandwidth doesn't merrit the $10 more a month.

Nope, take the $10 bucks and put it in your gas tank. There is not a server out there that will give any one user that much bandwidth for download. 3 meg is worth it if your going to be spitting up the internet/bandwidth with dozens even hundreds of users.

Hate to say this, dedub but that is not exactly correct. Game servers, torrents, and some big named comapany pages will. Small, personal pages, no.

dedub said:
Nope, take the $10 bucks and put it in your gas tank. There is not a server out there that will give any one user that much bandwidth for download. 3 meg is worth it if your going to be spitting up the internet/bandwidth with dozens even hundreds of users.

I'm on 10Mb and I max out the connection quite often.

If you play online games/download alot, you'll benefit quite a bit from the extra speed.

I odered it already. BTW i don't drive. I am 15. I do a heck of alot of downloading. BTW Embarq is really making me mad. I ordered the additional speed on monday expecting it today(friday) and i aint getting it until monday. When i first ordered the service it took 4 bussiness days to get up and runnning which i though was great. That aint counting saturday. So i was expecting by at least friday. Stupid idiots. I guess they think since i got another 1 year contract with them they can **** around all they like

No, i don't think any business would honesty TRY to **** you off. You probably just requested it on a bad time or a time they have alot of stuff to do, and you were probably far back on the waiting list.

This has happened to me before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom