Is there any program that can easily transfer my files over lan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I was wondering if you guys know of any program that can easily and quickly transfer my files over lan...(from my desktop to my laptop)

Im looking for something with an easy interface...(if possible) and quick sending...but I guess anything that works will be fine...

(I dont know if it is possible, or if it can be that easy, but something of the sort of Skype...if anyone has it, you can see that when you right click on any file, and point to SEND To, there is a place where it says SEND TO SKYPE...and automatically shows you your online friends and send that file to them...I am using it when I want to send a small file or txt file to my desktop/laptop (cuz its really slow...its over the ineternet not lan)...

if anything of that sort exists, it would be great (or similar!!)

thanx!

Yes...I can...but Im searching for a program that can do that...I have one called Net Support which very nice and has some amazing features but needs to be opened and connected to the other computer before you can transfer i files...the transfer is nice and fast (2 windows open, one displaying the files on this pc, the others displaying the files on the other one...)

Im not picky or somethign, as you might think...just wondering if there is (there should be) a program simply for transferring files between networked pcs....

thanx again...

I am not familiar with any such programs... what you described sounds exactly like using 2 open applicaitons of Windows Explorer..... :umm:

what you described sounds exactly like using 2 open applicaitons of Windows Explorer
Similar actually, but not the same...

the problem I am having here is that several times,when i try to access some files on my desktop, I get an error msg that I dont have the permission...(check attached image) but I do have the pemission...I am Admin on both PCs...and I dont know why this happens some times...(file and printer sharing are enabled)
Sometimes it happens, some times it doesnt...

Now I have a program called net support...it has many features...like viewing the other computer your connecting to, or even controling it.... one of the features it has is that it the file transfer....it opens 2 windows, one displaying the contents of this pc, the otehr displaying the contents of the one your connected to, and you can drag/drop from one place to antoehr.....

What I was looking for is a program that does just that...without the need to open net support, connect to the other pc, open file sharing....

i refered to skype b/c it has a nice feature which I use a lot (and if any program has something similar, it would be great) which is when you right click on a file and point to send to, there is a plac ewhich says SKYPE...and then, a window opens and lets you chose to which contact you want to send...and it directly sned the file....the sending is very slow though b/c it is on the internet and not on lan....and I am always on skype on both PCs (2 different usernames) so i am usign it when i want to transfetr samll files or pix....

whooo..I WROTE ALL THAT!!! lol :)

Attachments

• 1wrr.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 27
HRMmm... there is this "Send to X" or something like that to add more places to the SEND TO function... I don't think it will open 2 windows like you are describing, but you MIGHT be able to put in a folder name on the other PC, and send all files needed to that folder. I got it from one of my friends.... relativly small file, and I am not 100% if I still have it... it SHOULD be freeware too.

EDIT:ok, here ya go... this should do it... http://www.geekgirls.com/windows_sendto.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom