Terminal Services in Windows 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdude25

Baseband Member
I have a domain set up with a Windows 2003 Server running as my domain controller and another as a file server. I have been able to terminal service into both servers through my workstation (runing XP pro) for a couple months now. All of a sudden it just stopped working. I get an error "Terminal server has ended the connection". I am able to still connect to other servers on my network. I have rebooted my servers and tried starting and stopping the service, none of which have worked. I am in desperate need of help!!!!

ok, apparently you have 120 days to register with a license sever after initial start up?? I have Windows 2000 servers that have been runing for years, and i can still connect through terminal services. Is this something new in 2k3 server. also, how do i go about doing this and does it cost $ to aquire the license?

Correct

When you install win2003 srv. , the Terminal Server issue Temporary Licenses to the users, which give you enough time to License your Server via Internet or Phone.

You can get License from /Admin Tools/Terminal License Server.
Right click on the server and select Properties and follow the instruction.

Make sure you Remote Registry Service is not disable, or else
you canÂ’t connect to the Terminal License Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom