Terminal Servers, Is it possible to use by domain members to run application ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
Is it possible to use the terminal server as remote access appliation server and domain members can use programs such as sage and MS Words ? I did try but clients were able to access active dhcp and other stufs, which is totally insecure.

Is it possible to use like Citrix Access Essential Server ? Any input or advice would help me so much. Thank you.

this way you dont have to mess with group policy too much if any.

you can set the terninal server connection to only open a certin app when any user logs in. what i did was create a terminal server connection for each app, you have to have a seprect nic for each connection with a diffrent IP address. the set each connection to only open a certin app when a user loggs in. of corse you also make one wide open for administrative purpouses. ounce each connection is made the in dns create a easy name for each address, and dont for get to turn off automatic DNS registration on each nic.

this worked good for me, but this is also on a virtual enviroment so it might not practical if it is a physical server, dependinig on how many apps you want user to use.

if this helps i can get more in detial if you would like.

Thank you,

I want the users to be able to login from remotely to my terminal servers and run few application like sage taxation software and Microsoft Office Application. I did set up the group policy as above , but does it allow for only one application ? That`s not my requirement.

Probably I should disallow remote users access to RUN, MY NETWORK PLACE , mY COMPUTER AND CONTROL PANEL , THEY CAN USE REST OF THE APPLICATION.

will that be okay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom