Terminal Server Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfinchie

Baseband Member
I am deeply sorry if this post is in the wrong location. I have a question regarding a terminal server. I have a company using three old workstations to remote desktop to. The main office is located in Southern California and the Remote location is in Chicago. The users all connect using 3 different ports. This is apparently to confusing and unreliable for the users. So they are deciding to upgrade to a terminal server. My question is what kind of specs should the server have? Would it be more cost effective to buy from a manufacture, such as dell, or just build it.

kfinchie said:
Well say if I was to build a terminal server what kind of specs should it have?

We use TS at my office. They suck, but sometimes it's the only way to go. To digress, PCAnywhere and the like are only good for one user connection at a time. TS can have multiple users on the same machine.

It really depends on exactly what you are using the TS for. If it's going to be the user's primary workstation, you want something comparable to what you'd get them if it were their very own machine. A couple gigs of RAM, decent HD, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom