Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have done so far is:

Got into my Linksys Router and found out the Cisco IP address

Went cmd, telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Password: Cisco

Now I'm at cbos>

Whats next?

I'm assuming you're talking about editing the Md5 file. Bear in mind that if you have dynamic information comming from your ISP then you will encounter some issues when they do renew your lease. You may have to re-enter values when your IP address does change.
If you are set statically then you shouldn't have any issues.

As far as what you should edit, look at the responses commands, those you can raise depending on your ISP's maximum upload/download rates on your account. You will need that information first before you can make any edits.
The same applies to the send requests options. As you do have a router, you will have to be specific in entering in that IP address as well, along with appropriate dns entries.

To begin with, you need to use the set nvram command to clear, then add your modem. From there you would add your parameters via the set radius (ip, dns, ports, etc) then use the set rip command to configure the router settings.

Another good command is the set syslog, that way when things don't go your way, you have the data handy to pinpoint the exact nature of the issue.

The set timeout command will help you control the signal access to the modem itself.

For further information within telnet, use the show command to the variable you are having an issue with, such as ARP, rip, nvram and so on. Stats is another useful command in telnet as well when it comes to seeing your information.

i needa help how can i make shutdown for a computer in my network????iam waiting for anser please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom