Not open for further replies.

secretmatiz

Beta member
I have a laptop:
- Windows XP Pro
- it is a domain member
- IP Address: obtain automatically from DHCP server
- DNS server and Default Gateway: configure manually

One day, after I log off or after I shutdown/restart, when I log in again, all the above settings are lost. Only the option "Obtain IP Address Automatically" still remains. No DNS Server. No Default Gateway.

Other PCs & laptops on the network does not have this problem. I scanned this laptop for virus and spyware, it is completely clean.

Please someone knows what the problem is and pls give me some instructions or help.
Thank you in advance!

Secret

I don't think you can use both a static and automatic assignment. My solution is to use DHCP to create a scope option for DNS and Router(default gateway) so that the client will receive these information from the DHCP server.

Thank you.
I might be wrong when using both automatic and manual assigment like this. But I have other 7 PCs which are having the same settings and these PCS does not have this problem. Both other PCS are Win XP Pro SP2.

I also gave this laptop a static IP Address and DNS and Gateway. But again, after log off/restart, then log in, all the settings gone away.

I did try to remove the network card then reinstall, but does not help. I did try to stopDo you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!
Secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom