TCP/IP protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
Can I use both TCP/IP protocols at the same time? Use TCP/IPv6 internally and v4 externally on static addresses?

yes you should be able to use both internaly... but i got to know... what the heck are you using that is running ipv6 ????

just wondering, what are the benefits to us (the consumers) for IPv6 rather than IPv4?
I might want to stay old skool.

IPv4 is almost out of IP addresses. That are jsut about to reach the ceiling of their usefulness. So IPv6 has been implemented. Pretty soon you will have to use IPv6 or you wont be able to get to the websites.

That is the benefit.

Exactly what I wanted to use version 6 for... Vista!! Just to add a bit of knowledge I've picked up... when we switch over to IPv6, we'll start to find that many other devices will start to have an ip address... like fridges or your car!!

Exactly what I wanted to use version 6 for... Vista!! Just to add a bit of knowledge I've picked up... when we switch over to IPv6, we'll start to find that many other devices will start to have an ip address... like fridges or your car!!

I was under the impression that ipv6 is what is already binded in vista. True?

It is already implemented in Vista yes. It is active by default as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom