AT&T DSL streaming issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Barto

Solid State Member
I have AT&T Dsl, the 3meg pack. 90% of the time when I stream a video, trailer, or youtube video...if it's high quality or more than 4-5 minutes, the caching or "preloading" stops sooner or later and usually never finishes the loading, forcing me to reload the page. A lot of times, it loads about 20-25 minutes of a 30 min episode, as if it's messing with me.

First, I don't have any spyware/adware/virus issues. 2 Anti-viruses, 3 spyware/adware programs, and I'm just on top of those things. And I've done thorough scanning just in case, even an online scan.

With downloads, the problem seems to occur a lot downloading from Fileserve. Other sites sometimes seem to finish more often than fileserve. I'm wondering if that's related.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, Quad-Core, 4 gig ram so I don't think it's hardware. I use firefox, updated as well. Updated my flash player. I just downgraded from Cable internet to DSL. Cable was 3 times as fast. I'm wondering if that's the issue right there, the speed difference. Is there any way to optimize thing's? Or what else could be wrong? Could it be firefox as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom