Switching to Wireless net do i have to pay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
hi , im new to all this wireless internet and dont kno anything lol... i am on 1MB NTL for £17.99 month which is bit of rip off compared to other ISP's... well i want to switch to Belkin Wireless as soon as i buy this for £69.99 and USB Adapt and set it up and go on the net will i have to pay for anything because i dont want to Pay ANYTHING no more ??? thanks in advance.. do i still need my Cable/dsl NTL Broadband to connect ?

not entirely sure of what you're asking...

To be frank I have no experiance with cable broadband, with ADSL you need an ADSL modem and anything beyond that is optional and makes no difference to what you pay your ISP. E.g I have a modem built into my router which connects to an 8 port switch which has my computers attached and a Wireless access point for my laptop.

whatever networking equipment you use, be it a wired or wireless router, WAP, Switch etc. you still need some sort of modem (using the term losely) and a subscription with a ISP.

you need an ISP to access the internet. the wireless router is completely independent of that. (ie, switching from a corded phone to a cordless phone, you still need to pay for phone service)

Im with NTL on a 4mb line, you have a modem all you need to do is buy a wireless router. Connect it to your modem via ethernet port and follow the install instructions.

There is no extra charge for wireless with NTL all you need to buy is a wireless router for about £30-£80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom