Switching ISP and a Noob Question

JonSnowKnows

Beta member
So I have had DSL service from AT&T Uverse (Elite 6Mbps) for a while now and decided to switch to TWC internet (Turbo 20Mbps). My service is scheduled for Nov 8 and I just bought the SB6141. Before buying it, I talked to Best Buy Customer service and they told me that all I needed was the modem, ethernet cable (which came with the modem) and a coaxial cable. BTW, I already have a router. So when I went to buy the modem today, an employee told me that I didn't need a coaxial cable. So my question is do I need one or no and if not, how the heck does it work? TWC internet is the only service that I am getting from them, no phone or cable.

Usually the installers will bring one - you can get one if you want, but I'm sure the installer will have some in their truck.

Usually the installers will bring one - you can get one if you want, but I'm sure the installer will have some in their truck.

Well, my brother ordered it and decided we should do a self-install even though it's our first time with TWC internet :facepalm: Is a coaxial cable a must have? Two different Best Buy Employees gave me different answers. I know nothing about TWC internet. If I do need one, I would rather buy from a store and know the details than take their tech's word for it. They're always half tech and half salesman.

When TWC tech shows up to 'turn on' your service, he will install an outlet where ever you wish if an out let is not all ready installed.

He will then connect the modem and verify the connection and connectivity and the you connect an either cable from the modem to your router and you are good to go.

If you're not versed in installing coax cable I suggest just letting them do it because if you have any issues in the future and the installer puts a note on your account "self cable install" they will blame you.

Back
Top Bottom