Swap download for upload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming<>demon

In Runtime
Afternoon all,

I have started up a stand-alone server for red faction multiplay, and I was wondering if you guys know a way of switching your download speed for your upload... :confused:

I atm have a "D-Link ADSL router" its model is 504T - my current speed is :

1.5MB download
256Kb upload

Does it have anything to do with my ISP? Or can you use a program to assign/allocate your bandwidth? This would be handy for more stability of my server...

although, i suppose it may be impossible to change? :(

Ok thanks, I guess I will have to go about it that way.. :confused:

anyone know from experience if most providers allow you to change your speeds around?

my isp is with iprimus.

you wont to change the upload speed and keep the download speed? If so you cant you will have to get a bisness plan. thay set this up to stop us from runing a server on a home plan.

SpoiledBoar said:
you wont to change the upload speed and keep the download speed? If so you cant you will have to get a bisness plan. thay set this up to stop us from runing a server on a home plan.

It's because they allocate a certain frequency for upload and download. Download has a bigger frequency allocation.

ive heard stories of ppl cracking their modems to lift the cap on their bandwidth. If you're on cable inet, you share bandwidth coming from a main pipe with ppl in your area. So, if you suck up all the bandwidth, ppl will notice. Of course this violates their TOS.

Ya - I am interested in joining inet provider, as soon as my contract is up with primus. Tho, I would be ADSL2+ .

I don't know if they will have improved their current speeds ( 22MB down / 1024KB upload ) by then.... hopefully they will - It would be nice to have something like 12MB down/12MB up :)

Cheers for the help 2

12/12 would prolly be a sdsl line

Symmetric Digital Subscriber Line (SDSL) is a Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) variant with E1-like data rates (72 to 2320 kbit/s). It runs over one pair of copper wires, with a maximum range of about 3 kilometers. The main difference between ADSL and SDSL is that SDSL has the same upstream data transfer rate as downstream (symmetrical), whereas ADSL always has smaller upstream bandwidth (asymmetrical).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom