Surfing web over RDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepg

In Runtime
I was wondering how possible it is to connect to another computer (either PC server) over RDC (windows XP's remote desktop connection) and surf the web? One of the reasons I'm asking is because my friend traveled to china to teach and has limited internet access to sites. I thought that if he logged into a remote desktop and used the connection on the remote PC/server to connect and surf the web, he could circumvent the browsing restrictions placed on the people of China by it's government.

It is basibally going through a proxy using a different protocol for data transfer. Also what would be the best server to handle this? Server 2003 Enterprise Edition? I would like to be able to support more than one remote session on the server. Thanks for any ifo guys!

Yeah, that is what I planned on doing. Anyone do this? is it really slow?

Also, If I want to use a server for this purpose ONLY, what would be the best 2003 OS version? Figure an AMD 3200 64 bit, 2GB ram, 2 WD Raptor SATA 74GB drives in RAID 0. I would like to support at least 5 connections. U think this is possible with this PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom