Super small 5ghz wifi dongle?

Jiinxt

Beta member
Hi! Im new here, trying to find a small usb wifi dongle that supports 5ghz band. My laptop only supports 2.4ghz and I live in an apartment with a ton of other wifi signals and my laptop only gets about 1/2 my internet speed because of all the interference. Once I connect with my girlfriends laptop that supports 5ghz band I get all my 30mbps connection and a little more.

looking for something about the size of this:

Netgear G54/N150 Wireless USB Micro Adapter

just so I can leave it in and not worry about breaking it.

Thank You!

Why not just swap out your actual wifi card instead of getting a USB one?

I thought about it, but I read that some BIOSes lock up on some laptops when you change it for a different one. I didnt look much into it because I didnt know if my laptop would freeze up or not haha. I would prefer to do that, if anyone knows this is true or not and what would work on an ASUS R500VM.

Can't say I've ever seen that... You'd need to see if you have a removable wifi module, though.

Easy way to find out? Take the one out of your girlfriend's laptop to test and put it in yours. Install the drivers for it (or if they auto install you're fine), and see if it works. If it does - then buy a new one. If not, then you'll have to look for a USB dongle.

Back
Top Bottom