Super computer?

alexh92

Beta member
I have recently been made redundant from a medium sized eLearning Training Centre. I was a Workskills and basic IT Tutor there. The boss of the company has said we can buy the computers off him at a very reasonable price if we can think of something to do with them. There are 220 fairly new PCs, a mix of between months and 3 years old.

Two questions:

1. Could we build these computers into a networked Supercomputer with a presence on the Internet?

2. Any ideas for what we could use the Supercomputer for to make some money?

Any ideas gratefully received. Or if you want to get involved with us we are based in Birmingham in the UK. Thanks.

I'll just copy and paste my response from computerforums... (Super computer? - Computer Forums

If they have semi-decent performance-wise you could use them as individual servers and rent them out. You don't even have to put a great deal on the servers application-wise, as long as the infrastructure is set up and the OS is set up with remote access, somebody would happily rent the space.

I'll just copy and paste my response from computerforums... (Super computer? - Computer Forums

If they have semi-decent performance-wise you could use them as individual servers and rent them out. You don't even have to put a great deal on the servers application-wise, as long as the infrastructure is set up and the OS is set up with remote access, somebody would happily rent the space.

Careful with that though - a lot of ISP's don't like that unless you're actually under a business contract with them. At least, that's how it is in the US.

Back
Top Bottom