Suggestion - Buying a Wireless N router

Status
Not open for further replies.

demandtool

Beta member
I am considering an upgrade to my router to N. Currently I am reviewing Linksys WRTN310N, there are also 320N series and etc. Which one would you recommend? Also, if you already use other router besides Linksys please let me know.

I don't understand the dual-band features. Also since we share the connection with other people in my house, lets say, some people are still using B/G, will I still be able to receive N speed.

FYI, my modem is Linksys and my ISP is Comcast.

Thanks.

i recently bought a n router. i decided to configure the device to use g only. I did this because it fits the needs of my network and i've read articles that state performance issues when mixing b/g/n devices on the same network.

I am considering an upgrade to my router to N. Currently I am reviewing Linksys WRTN310N, there are also 320N series and etc. Which one would you recommend? Also, if you already use other router besides Linksys please let me know.

I don't understand the dual-band features. Also since we share the connection with other people in my house, lets say, some people are still using B/G, will I still be able to receive N speed.

FYI, my modem is Linksys and my ISP is Comcast.

Thanks.

When you say dual band it has the band for b,g,a and n so it can support them. all N speeds is another thing it depends on placement of the device and what channels your are using on the device. Like i lived in a apt complex where everyone had a wirless network which slowed things down on the default channels they are programmed for becasue most people dont change them. So have a wi-fi scanner that tells you what channels are "free" will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom