subnetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, have a subnetting problem I have for an assignment in my network class, was wondering if anyone here is advanced enough to be able to look over my template and tell me if it's correct. Thanks.

nope, shouldnt, can upload it here, its an excel file so if u need it converted to something else lemme know

and thanks for replying.

Attachments

• subnetbook.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 9
I might have over looked it. You should only have 30 subnets but you have 32 since you subnetted a class c address with .248

The first and last subnet should go.

Your template is correct. It's importand to know that the subnet mask you are on is a 240 or 255.255.255.240 also known as a /28 in CIDR terms. That gives you 6 usable IP's in each subnet as your sheet depicts.

I believe he's using /29 which would give 32 max subnet but only 30 usable and 8 host but only 6 usable

/28 would give him 16 max subnet but only 14 usable and 14 host but only 12 usable.

Gosh law you are correct, /29, in a haste to reply I added wrong in my head. probably should of scibbled it down on paper before I replied. Thanks :)
-------------------------------------------------------
Dont forget that Cisco lets you use the first and last subnet now in thier routers.

thank you, so this will work? actually i don't need to turn this spreadsheet in, i need to write down the net, broadcast and range of one of the subnets along with the mask and such, so my mask in IP terms is still 248?, thanks for the help guys.

just look up subnet ANDing. Yes, there are calculators that will do this, but its always best to know how to manually do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom