Stream all audio from one computer to another over LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
This guy perfectly explains what I want to do:

streaming audio over network?

sorry, i suppose I should have been a little more specific.

I have a couple of monitors on each computer, and I use each monitor to display different programs, browser windows etc. ATM, I am attempting to teach myself C++ programming, so I have Visual Studio express on one monitor, and the relevant documentation on the other monitors, instead of constantly switching between pages. the second computer, computer "A" I use for smaller tasks, just to keep processing power freed up on "computer B".

occasionally my wife is watching TV in my computer room, so I plug headphones into "B" when I want to play music. what I would like to do is to be able to have all audio (music computer sounds, etc.) set so that the audio output is transferred to the speakers, or the headphones, on computer "B"

before, I had a 3.5 male to male audio cable connecting the two, from the audio output jack on "A" to the line in on "B", but If I need to use my mic, then I am unable to do so. what I would like is a software component that would do the same thing.

hopefully I explained it a little better this time around.

My situation is similar.. I have my desktop here plugged in to my large speakers and the positioning of the desktop, the speakers, and my laptop make it impossible to use a cable. I want to be able to stream *all* of my MacBooks audio output over my network, to my desktop to be output through my larger speakers (My friend is really getting in to garage band so I want her to use the better speakers, not the tinny ones built into the laptop)

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom