strange problem belkin router and htc. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default strange problem belkin router and htc.

Hello,

I have a problem that I'm finding really strange. I have 2 Belkin routers. One which is wired to my pc and another which is located in my bedroom. I use this one to connect my phone with for general browsing.
At the weekend my internet played up a little, it was working intermittently. Now for some reason I can use whatsapp on my phone, recieve notifications from facebook but I can't browse the internet. I can use google search engine but none of the links will load.
I swapped routers and the other one works fine whereas if I plug the one I use with my phone into the computer I can connect to google and YouTube but I can't view videos. Well I could actually view 2 of the 10 I tried.
I restored it to factory defaults then attempted to install a new firmware, which took 360 seconds so I left it and when I returned and checked the firmware version it didn't appear to have updated.

The fault is obviously with the router but I have no idea what it could be and why it has occurred.

Anyone have any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou