A Strange Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cabbage

Beta member
So I woke up yesterday morning to find my internet not working. To make a long story short, it was ultimately fixed by getting a new ethernet card.

Now, however, my home network is not working (my internet connection is only working on my host computer). I cannot correct it because now whenever I click on "Set up a home or small office network" under Network Connections (Windows XP) the wizard won't run, which is the strange part. I've tried playing around trying to get it to work manually with some stuff I've read here (I'm an amateur, by the by) but no dice. Any way to get this wizard working or if not, is there anything else I can do to fix my network?

I've tried restarts and I've tried to "ping" a client computer. I've been able to ping it from my host to my client, but not from my client to my host. Evidently, the network is running but the clients do not have permission to do anything and to use the internet.

Any help would be much appreciated. And if you need more info, ask away. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom