Strang linksys problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGamer

Baseband Member
Hi wanted to see if any other tech's out there have had this problem.

i went to a customers house to set up there wireless network got a linksys wireless router and all the cards to go with it. i networked all the computers together every thing went just fine untill they asked to have there wireless WEP encrypted i said ok and did so the wireless network when unprotected worked flawlessly but when i put the wep on it the network suddenly dropps down to almost no siginal and all the computers on the wireless state limited or no connectivity when i tryed to renew the ip address it wouldent do so i havent run into this problem before so im reaching out to see if any one can help.

thanks

I've seen this, but I have never found a fix beyond removing the encryption.

When you are next to the router do you get a signal?

ya it has all of those options , i went over there today to try and figure it out 4 hours later has me stumped.

i had the same problem, except it was for myself.
i reccomend using D-Link
i encripted my new D-Link router and everything has worked flawlessly for a month.

well I have an encrypted linksys router and it has never had this problem. try holding the reset button on the back for 20 seconds to reset all the settings and then reenable encryption and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom