Stopped connecting to internet after automatic update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiteyyyyy

Baseband Member
So, a few days ago I was surfing the net and using AIM, and the automatic update box repeatedly popped up asking me to restart my computer. Each time I selected "Later" and continued surfing, well a little later I went to eat dinner and the computer restarted behind my back. I am using a wireless connection and am. Well I logged back in and neither Firefox nor AIM would connect to the internet. The linksys xp monitor told me i was connected to the access point but the internet could not be found. I pinged my router at 192.168.1.1 and all the packets returned in normal time. So I went on to ping Google and it too returned packets in normal time. I've restarted several times, the "Repair" function does not work because it "cannot disconnect the wireless adapter". Though it tells me I am connected with 54 Mbps however the packets received are in the low 400's. Also I know it affecting my computer solely because all the other computers can connect to the internet wired and wireless alike. I also port forwarded for WC3, but I did not have a static IP so im pretty sure my computers IP address has changed. Thank you for even taking the time to read.

Why don't you uninstall the updates? if everything was alright before they installed, should be fine just to get rid of them.

System Restore back to right before the updates. Windows automatically makes a restore point before installing updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom