Stop modem redialing when connection lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompFreak247

Solid State Member
I use PhoneTray Dialup to disconnect from the internet whenever a phone call is received. However, my modem automatically redials 60 seconds after the connection is lost. How can I keep it from doing this? I have a Copper.net connection that uses the default Windows XP dialing program.

Thanks,
-CompFreak247

Go to Control Panel>Network Connection. Right click on your modem and select Properties, then select the Options tab. The redial setting should be there.

Where do you live? Isn't there DSL service available?

Several people I know in my area (One 4-5 miles) have Yahoo DSL available. However, after checking numerous websites the only DSL available for me is Earthlink, which is $40 a month after the first six months. I don't really want to pay that much, although I might consider it in a year or so. I'm waiting for SBC Yahoo to become available, so I can try there $10 a month service. I'm a little cheap when it comes to tech items, and I spend hours a day scouring the internet for free programs, but it would be well worth the $10 a month for the "slowest" (still blazing fast to me) DSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom