Steal Wifi Power from Roommates

FrostDrive

Beta member
I live with four roommates and we have sucky internet.

I have a cheap 30$ extender and I might reset the password so they stop connecting to it and only I can.

But Im thinking is there any better way for me to steal internet power for me and not my roommates.

Should I buy a powerful router or extender or modem or just stick with the lame one I have.

What else can I do to have thw wifis priority. Im the most important member of the household.

I need my games and xbox live to survive and right now I cant play. I cant take it anymore.

Well that's kind of a scummy thing to do honestly...

But you can log into the router and see if it has QoS options.

Like Carnage said, check the router to see if it has QoS options and use those, if you own the extender, then by all means, go ahead and change the PW, that's upto you, but remember this, whoevers name is on the bill it self is the one that controls the internet.

Thank you.

Yeah Im secretizing my extender when i get home.

The stupidest part is the roommate whos "owns" the internet bill has the modem in her room. Like she cares if its slow for everyone else.

Or open your own account and pay for your own internet line into your room. That way you get what you want, and you don't gotta be scummy like them to get it.

Like Carnage said, check the router to see if it has QoS options and use those, if you own the extender, then by all means, go ahead and change the PW, that's upto you, but remember this, whoevers name is on the bill it self is the one that controls the internet.

Thank you.

Yeah Im secretizing my extender when i get home.

The stupidest part is the roommate whos "owns" the internet bill has the modem in her room. Like she cares if its slow for everyone else.
Like he said up there, person who pays the bill controls the net. If the extender is on the line and the others convince the bill payer to cut you then you're SOL.

Or open your own account and pay for your own internet line into your room. That way you get what you want, and you don't gotta be scummy like them to get it.
Best solution is this, pony up for your own connection. If you don't pay for the internet or help pay the bill you technically have no say so in any of it.

If you're all sharing bills equally (regardless of who pays for each individual bill) then it is a gentlemens agreement that everything is shared. If the internet is sucky, in my opinion you should ALL chip in to improve it if you can come to an agreement. If you cannot - you stop paying your share of the internet bill and purchase your own line.

If you're all sharing bills equally (regardless of who pays for each individual bill) then it is a gentlemens agreement that everything is shared. If the internet is sucky, in my opinion you should ALL chip in to improve it if you can come to an agreement. If you cannot - you stop paying your share of the internet bill and purchase your own line.
If the situation is what I imagine it is this isn't really an option.

Back
Top Bottom