Standby program

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAPsoldier21

Beta member
Is there a program on the internet that will let me standby my cable modem. Some modems have a button by mine does not and i wanted a program that did the same thing the button would do.

For what reason would you want to 'standby' your cable modem??? It isn't like dialup where you have to pay for the time you are connected to it, it is an always on connection. Are you wanting this to just have the power off on the cable modem to lower the electric bill? If so, you could probably just turn it off.

what are you talking about???? Are you try to SPEED UP the connection? Please try to be a little bit more descriptive.....

EDIT: The post this was refering to was deleted....

The stand-by button shuts down the front panel LEDs and disconnects communication between the cable modem and the computer connected through the cable modem, while remaining active on the cable operator's RF network. This provides a means of security to the user by "disconnecting" them from the Internet when im not using it.

I have no idea about that.... My suggestion to you would be to do ONE of the following to disconnect from the internet...

1. Shut down or hibrinate the PC
2. Unplug the network cable from the back of the PC
3. Disable the network connection from the computer
4. If you have a router between the router & modem, unplug the network cable from the WAN port of the router.

Is this just a home PC, or is this for a business? If it is a home PC, and you aren't using any P2P software, you should be fine. My computer is left on 24x7, and always connected to my network... since last July. I have not had 1 security issue.. I have an nVidia hardware firewall on my motherboard, and I also use McAfee enterprise edition for virus scanning... not 1 problem.

you want to do it to cheat in Halo 2 dont you. well im not telling you how but there is a program. just get an internet security program and stop all connections whenever you want to standby.

This has nothing to do with networking. This is clearly some dude that wants to jump through a roof in a game. This belongs in another section. Actually, I'm not even sure it belongs in the gaming section. Perhaps Off-Topic....clearly isn't networking though. This guy doesn't care what Standby mode does to his network connection....he just want to use an exploit in a lonely game.

Good Luck solider!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom