Stable and reliable wireless router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bongo

Solid State Member
Hello

I presently have a Trendnet TEW-432BRP wireless router (I know, I know.. but it was cheap).

Ever since I bought this **** thing, I get intermittently disconnected and reconnected from the network whenever my wife is on the internet with her wireless laptop. I am using Windows XP, but when the disconnect/reconnect happens, even another Win2k machine disconnects.

I have played with the settings to no end on all machines as well as the router, but nothing at all has made a dent in the situation.

I used to have a Microsoft MN-500 router, and I swear to god for 3 years straight I never experienced a problem like this. I am pretty convinced the issue is a bug or design problem in this Trendnet router.

I am considering buying a new router now. Can anyone recommend something which is stable, and is not prone to disconnect problems?

Thank you!

I usually tell people to go with netgear since it seems stable good price and I have not come accoss any known service effecting problems with them. I would recommend to stay away from linksys - the wireless on these seems to be unstable sometimes not right away but after a year or 2. Some of you may not agree with me on this because alot of people seem to look at linksys and cisco as the same - but they are not. I work with Cisco, Juniper and Shasta routers every day - they are not even close to the same. Yes I think Cisco bought linksys - but they do not perform the same. I would go with a Dlink before linksys. "Just my thought"

Thanks, yeah those are nice but a little pricey. They are definitely in a league of their own. But it's good to know about this brand for when I am out in the field doing any contract work as well. :)

Just wanted to give everyone an update -- I bought a Netgear WGR614 Wireless Router, and it's working great!! The connection is very stable, and I haven't experienced a single disconnect yet. This is a really nice wireless router, so if anyone is looking to get one I would recommend this.

The TrendNet TEW-432BRP I had previous was the worst router I ever owned. What a piece of garbage.

glad to hear that... a little bit late to jump on, but my D-Link WBR-2310 router is superb. The only issue I have with it is that it is only 10/100 router... I am looking to upgrade to 10/100/1000, or possibly just add a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom