SSID and Service Pack 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steak1986

Baseband Member
I have a couple of laptop's i am fixing, they require ssid and i know how to usually manually enter them. However after getting service pack 2 the wireless networks tab under my wireless' card so i cant enter the ssid. After this i went to www.support.microsoft.com and i finally got a hotfix after being on the phone for a while (article on microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;907405&spid=1173&sid=1215) the program i then installed and restarted and cannot still get into the tab where i can enter in the ssid. The reason i need to enter the ssid is that my network does not broadcasts its ssid. If anyone could help it would help me out a ton.

I don't quite get what's happening but I know you can't get into the wireless networks tab so what program did you install? In order to use the wireless network tab you must let Windows manage your wireless connection. Can you right click on the wireless connection go to properties and go to the Wireless Networks tab at all? If you can get there then choose "Use WIndows to configure my wireless network settings" Down at the prefered networks click add and put in your SSID and settings.

Not sure what program you installed but if it's another program use to connect to the wireless router like a software from the router's manufacture then you have to use that to connect or Windows.

There was another potential solution to the problem in the article that you linked us to.....

You can reconnect to the wireless network that uses a hidden SSID if you remove and then re-create the SSID profile for that network in the Preferred networks list.

Microsoft is the program that manages my wireless networks. The problem is the spot where the tab where i enter the ssid is noth there at all. The only tab's i get when i go to properties of my wireless network are general and advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom