SSID Broadcast - off. Refresh network list - My network shows up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
On my network I have enabled Wireless Mac Filtering + WPA Personal. On my laptop I automatically connect to my network. However, I disabled the SSID Broadcast, yet when I "view wireless networks" my network still comes up.

Is that because I am connected to it? I'm just confused over why it shows up if it's disabled...

I wish I had another wireless device to test that theory and make sure of it. I have mac filtering on and everything, and I live around old people who don't own computers. I'm just really curious to know if that's the case or not.

Oh no. I'm just about to graduate from a tech institute. I'm just trying to do as much as I can on my own so I can get on-the-side experience, along with my typical classes.

It's just minor things like that. That's why I tinker with linux so much, because the bottom line is... knowledge is power. ;)

It's more for my own curiosity and seeing how secure I can be and see how things function... because linux doesn't like certain security features of encryption on networks due to lack of support, so I like to see what does/what doesn't work yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom